Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Living on the edge......


The title of the post seems to suggest, me going off on some thrilling adventurous escapade, paragliding over the Arabian sea and then capriciously running off to go cliff hanging or some such crazy fun thing.........but alas quiet contrary to this colorful picture the canvas was far more monochromatic in nature, Yellow to be specific.

Twisting and turning on the bed with the thighs,calf and forehead burning up fighting nausea at times and lying on my back staring through my yellowed eyes at the mustard colored liquid dripping down into my blood stream through the intravenous drip .............yours truly was suffering from Viral Hepatitis A sleeping in a semi-special ward of the Cancer wing of Kasturba Medical Hospital for there was no vacant bed in the student sick room all the while praying the elderly man beside me doesn't have a seizure or any other dangerous thing............. every body but me (fortunately) in that wing had some form of cancer, the man beside me had very low platelet count and was undergoing chemo (the doctors said he had responded well and was in remission and discharged him).

All of my friends were of great help to me through all of this, they kept me entertained brought me fruits made inquiries regarding my enzyme levels, I am highly grateful to each one of them and feel really fortunate  (Thnx Chawda,Zahoo,Rakesh,sailesh,Nandi,pullela.....) for all the help.

Coming to the living on the edge part I was very fortunate to have got a job ( yeah I was picked up by first of the Mass recruiting IT companies that visited) just a day before I got admitted in hospital that is 12th september (My previous post on sept 8 was about the rough time I had had until then........well compared to the past 3 weeks and what I now have in front of me it looks like a joke) had I been admitted a day earlier on Sunday I probably would have passed out of college unemployed.

I was admitted in hospital for 8 days and then the doctors strictly advised bed rest for another week which I had complied with and on 26th sept when I visited the doc he suggested I should avoid stress and take rest in room for another week to avoid a relapse. But unfortunately we have to maintain a min of 75% aggregate attendance to be eligible for exams, so now  I am in a situation where if I miss even 1 more class I will fall short and will have to repeat the final year of my engineering.

I hope somebody (I am an Agnostic so I choose not to write God here :p) is having a good laugh looking at my situation......because I sure as hell am not :-||.


No comments:

Post a Comment